Thursday, January 22, 2009

A name and a blessing

While we were in Utah we were able to have Abbi's baby blessing.  It was wonderful to be able to have our family and friends there with us.  Colby gave a beautiful blessing and afterwards we had a great lunch at Grandma Frost's house.  Thank you to everyone who made the day a special one.


We decided to dress Abbi up as a little 70's baby- 1979 to be exact.  She wore the same dress that I was blessed in 29 1/2 years ago. (until I'm 30 I will still admit to my age!)


Our little angel. Thank you to Uncle Daniel for taking the fantastic pictures of Abbi in her blessing dress, they turned out great!


Posing with Mom and Dad.


Abbi and Mommy.


Abbi with Great Grandma and Grandpa Cisney.


Grandma and Grandpa Stewart.


Grandma and Grandpa Stewart, Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa Frost.


Abbi with Mom and one of my best friends, Kami.


Abbi with Mom and Grandmas.

Sorry that my picture captions are so generic, it is hard to be creative with so many posed pictures of the same event!

10 comments:

karin said...

Those are great pictures and great captions too. It is hard to come up with creative, unique captions.

Heather said...

shauni she is beautiful.. i love that first photo~
you look fabulous. i miss you & hope we can meet sometime in utah again.

xo

Aleese and Scott said...

That was such a fun day, I am so glad we were able to be there! I LOVE these pictures they turned out so great!

The Obergs said...

It was a great day and I'm so glad that you did the blessing while you were in Utah so that we could all be there. Abbi looked beautiful in your blessing dress.

archiecrew said...

Hey Shauni,
It's Trish! How are ya? I saw your blog on Mel's list. I'm a pretty new blogger, but it's so fun! Your family pics are so cute! How is Iowa? U should check us out at archiecrew.blogspot.com. Love to hear from ya!

The Teeples Times said...

OH my Heavens!! Adorable, adorable pics! That is so sweet that she wore your dress. I wish we could have been there for her blessing.

Unknown said...

I actually gasped out loud when that first picture loaded. SO beautiful!

Summer said...

Abbi is so beautiful! What a special day and how cool to get to spend it with your family!

Lisa said...

It's so fun to see you with a girl. She is adorable. I'm glad you guys made it to Utah.

Tanya said...

I love that dress... she looks adorable.