After weeks of debating, checking weather.com on a daily basis and getting teared up whenever "I'll Be Home For Christmas" came on the radio, we decided to make the long trek to Utah for the holidays. We traveled 17 hours across 3 state lines, through the smallest town in the U.S. and over the continental divide with three kids in tow (and that's a lot harder than over the river and through the woods), but we finally made it to Grandmother's house(s) and we were so glad that we did. Here are the highlights (and probably way too many pictures, but I had a hard time narrowing it down.)
*New Christmas jammies*Early Christmas with the kids* Packing in a hurry*The Hotel in Grand Island, Nebraska*Doughnuts from Walmart*
*Hanging out with Grandpa* Playing Rockband *Meeting new cousins*Bandaids and Candy Canes from the information desk at the mall*
*Being held non-stop*Twilight*Classic family fun center*Costa Vida*Singing Bon Jovi on the Wii*
*Decorating Christmas cookies with Grandma*Shopping with 3 kids at Old Navy*Attempting to go to Quilted Bear with 5 kids*Family Pictures in the Snow*
Madagascar 2*Abbi's first Christmas morning*Christmas bread*Homemade Christmas candy*
Christmas dinner on the farm*Playing with 2nd cousins*Skiing*
*Girl's Night Out*Marley and Me*"Great" service at Z-tejas*Staying out until 2 am*
*Breakfast at Granny Annies*Visiting Grandma & Grandpa Cisney*Skiing again*Checkerboard gumdrops*X-box tournament*
*Wrestling with cousins*Wingers*Playing in the snow again*Training Table*Playing "don't break the ice"*Seeing Crystal's cute pregnant belly*
*Going in Grandma's Attic*Chuck E Cheese*Going to Bedtime Stories*Red Robin*Abbi's baby blessing*(more pics to come!)
The Dark Knight on Blu Ray*The T-shirt game*Falling asleep at 11:45 on New Year's Eve*Trying to convince the boys to leave Utah and come back to Iowa (they had too much fun!)*
We had a great trip and can't wait to go back to Utah this Summer!
5 comments:
It amazes me how much you pack into a trip. Looks like a great time. we really should coordinate our trips there.
Wow! You did a lot. Glad you had such a great trip!
Shauni, what a clever way to do your christmas post, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially because I got a special mention! I think my most favorite picture is the one where the three boys are showing you their muscles. I can't wait for you guys to come back in May, we will have such a fun summer!
That little Abbi just melts my heart. Dang, she's cute in her Christmas jammies!
Looks like you guys had quite the adventure! I love your new family pictures. You're looking great as ever!
Post a Comment