Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fabulous Five Day Weekend

Thanks to some extremely cold temperatures (negative 37 degrees!), teacher prep day, Martin Luther King day and an ambitious husband who finished his case study two days early; we all had a five day weekend.  We didn't do anything too exciting, but it was nice to just all be home together.  We hit the gym, went to a doctor's appointment, took the kids to the McDonald's playground, had some friends over for dinner and a game night, went to swimming lessons and church, built a snowman and even hit the clearance sale at Old Navy (I have to interject here that I consider myself the world's best bargain shopper.  I got a coat for $10 and jammies for Abbi for $1.74 a pair- sweet)


The boys all ready for church in their new sweaters (thanks Grandma!)



The only picture I took of our game night.  Abbi and her buddy Logan Campbell.


Two month shots!  Poor little girl, she was so sad.  She is still a little squirt, weighing in at 10 lbs 5 oz and 24 inches long.


Our family snowman (who was not built the day it was negative 37)


The boys helping Colby shovel the walk. (I thought it was cute, they got out their beach shovels to go out and help him with the snow.)

I hope you all enjoyed your "Martin Luther King day weekend" as much as we did.

4 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

I am glad you had such a great weekend! Our weekend was great also I just am sad it is over! I love the two month picture of Abbi she is such a cutie!

Skye O. said...

Looks like fun! We do not miss those cold Iowa winters. Michigan is cold, but nothing compared to IA. Abbi is so sweet! I'm getting very excited.

karin said...

I wish we had just hung out together over the long weekend. All the photos are great, especially the one of the boys in their sweaters and Abbi with her bandaids.

The Obergs said...

My Martin Luther King Day consisted of working... but I can't complain since I have tomorrow and Friday off.

I can not even fathom how cold -37 must feel. I think the coldest temps I've ever experienced were -10 and I was on the verge of death.

The picture of the boys with their shovels makes me laugh. Can you believe that in about 5 months they could actually be using those same shovels at the beach?! It always amazes me how drastic the weather can be.

Abbi looks so adorable in her 2 month picture. I just love her chubby little legs.