I know I have posted many, many times about the cold winters here in Iowa; but I still can't get over how freezing it is here. This morning it was negative 3 degrees with a windchill of negative 25. I thought I was going to get frostbite just walking Ammon to the bus stop. Good thing I had Ammon all bundled up. (we also added gloves, boots and his coat hood.)
The good news is, by 1:00 this afternoon it is supposed to warm up to 1 degree. Something tells me they are going to cancel first recess again.
I have to add to this post that I just discovered that our heater is broken. Of all the days for a heater to break. It is 58 degrees in here, and dropping. We may be going to the mall today.
11 comments:
Shauni you poor thing! Especially with Abbi being so little! Winters out here are much colder then Utah also, it is the humidity it just gets you cold down to the bones! I love the picture of Ammon it reminds me of The Christmas Story movie! So funny!
oh no! A couple weeks ago we went away for the weekend and came home to a broken heater and a house that was 49 degrees. It was awful! The maintenace people fixed it, but I still had to go to bed with sweat pants, two shirts, a sweat shirt and socks.
Utah will be a great break from that bitter cold for you. I'm sure the 21 degrees here will feel balmy!
Oh my gosh!!!! I thought I knew cold, but hey, you got me beat hands down! That is miserable! Poor Ammon having to go to the bus stop. Do you have to take Abbi out with you to the bus stop? I hope not. I hope your furnace works soon, if not you need to invest in some space heaters - at least for the kids' rooms.
McKenna got a fat lip and a few other scrapes today, it happened while she was running for her life to the school entrance. She told me "next time it's really blowey be sure to watch me go all the way in". I had left two seconds before she went in and missed the whole thing.
He looks like the little brother off of "The Christmas Story"
Dang ChapelRidge! Your heater breaks every year. Its a tradition right. Hopefully they will get there fast knowing that you have a little one. I don't miss the Iowa winters at all. And I have to say so far they are much worse the here. I do have to say that I am very grateful for our attached garage. I don't miss running out early to scrap the ice and snow off the car in the freezing artic chill. Just move to Michigan. There is a new house that is for rent only a couple of miles from here. Just a thought.
Celeste, Colby is rotating there next year and it would be awesome to have a running buddy again. Did you say it's not as cold as Iowa? Hmmm...
Shauni, you should've called me. You can come over anytime your heater breaks. Hope all is well now. At least it's not -25 anymore, right? :)
I feel bad that you had to freeze but a little lucky that it didn't happen while we lived there! At least you only have one more winter to suffer through.
Just a side note I think I'm going to have to agree with Colby the picture of Santa and your kids... Santa does look a little creepy. But your kids are super cute! So I'd leave it up.
brrr. hope all is going well! your kids are super cute... your little girl is precious.
happy holidays
xo
p.s. hope the heater is working now!!!!
I remember how cold Nebraska was when the wind would blow with the humidity....brrrr..I could feel the tears coming on sometimes it was so cold. I was so happy to live by the fireplace in our house. It's been pretty cold in old UT and Lilly has been dressed like Randy on a Christmas story..poor kid. Abbi is getting cuter and cuter, love the Santa picture. Is this your last winter?
Post a Comment