Monday, December 08, 2008

Little Miss Crazy Hair


Our little Abbi has a lot of hair (for a little peanut) and it is naturally curly.  I haven't quite figured out how to get it to cooperate.  I do know that she already needs "hair product"  (i.e. moose, gel or hairspray) and that it looks much better with a bow or headband.  Still, her hair is pretty crazy and you never know what you're going to get.  Here are a couple of her "do's."



Headband aftermath.


Her first barrette (which barely stayed in).


Rockstar baby.


Colby likes to call this one "the Bernice."


Beanie baby.


Those crazy curls right out of the bathtub.

Colby has told me a couple of times, "you can do better than that!"  I hope eventually I will get the "girl hair" thing figured out!  Until then,  I'm sure having fun experimenting.

12 comments:

karin said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE! I LOVE all the hair dos.

Is it just me or does she look different in every photo (not just the hair do)?

Aleese and Scott said...

I love her hair!!! I love curls, curly hair always look done and pretty! They never really get that stick straight bed head look. You can just run your fingers through it and go! Also are those blue eyes? That would be a first for you guys! We love baby Abbi!

Susan said...

Abbi is so cute!!! I love that hair, think of all the possibilities!! I've been waiting for these pictures--PS It cracks me up that you already have to use "product" in her hair!!

sarita said...

Don't you love it? Who knew doing hair could be so much fun?

Michelle Woj said...

OMG that is sooooooooooo funny. How cute! Mia had long hair as a baby too. I tried all my products and do you know what I think worked best? Regular baby lotion in her hair!

Celeste Adams said...

She is such a cutie. Sorry, I don't have any tips on curly girls hair. Karlee is straight as it could possibly get. The curls are very cute. So I guess she got the curls from you?

The Obergs said...

oh my heck, the Jheri Curl in the "Bernice" shot is killing me. She looks like a little old man (In a good way), hahahah. By the way, that really is how you spell Jheri, I looked it up on wikipedia.

I think the top shot is my favorite. Good luck with the hair thing, I would have no idea what to do with curls since I myself have no curl whatsoever.

Frost Family said...

Abbi is so dang cute! I know the whole hair thing is a nightmare Bugs's hair was a complete mess, what do you do with hair that is like kitten fur? She is too cute we love the top picture!

Heather said...

she is sooooo freakin cute!!!!
i love the hair. i always wanted a blonde headed child or one with natural curls.... didn't get either!!! Garrett came out blonde & the older he gets it goes a little darker! What do you do!!!!
hope all is well. miss you. will you be in utah for christmas???
i will be there Dec 22nd i would love to see you if you come up!
xo

rkkorth said...

She's adorable...already getting so big. I'm sure you'll figure the hair thing out soon. I still feel that way about my boy's hair. I'm just glad I can shave it for 75% of the year...

The Teeples Times said...

I LOVE it! Us curly-haired girls need to stick together. I can't believe how much hair she has. I have no doubt that you will do an awesome job making those curls look absolutely adorable!!! Wish I could see those curls myself! p.s. she looks so big already - what are you feeding her - cream??

Summer said...

SO CUTE!!! I am also loving experimenting with girl hair on Hannah! It's a lot more work than boy hair, that's for sure, but so much fun!