Monday, December 01, 2008

It's always fun when Grandpa comes, when Grandma comes- HURRAY!


For the past week, we have been lucky enough to have Grandma and Grandpa Stewart visiting us.  Grandma and Grandpa came to Iowa to meet Abbi and to spend Thanksgiving with us.  We had a great time!  We spent lots of time hanging out, eating, shopping and playing.  We were sad to see them leave.


Abbi got lots of attention and was held constantly!


The boys spent lots of time with G & G wrestling, playing, talking, watching movies, and just hanging out.  Having both sets of Grandparents visit this month has been great, but it has led to more than one request to "move back to Utah." 


Thanksgiving day was a riot!  Unfortunately, I didn't have the stamina this year to cook a homemade feast.  We had dinner at the Marriot (which was excellent food- almost as good as mine!) and took the kids to see Bolt in 3D afterwards.  I was kind of sad to miss out on a home cooked Thanksgiving dinner, but it was sooo nice not to spend the day cooking and cleaning.



Saturday we went swimming at the YMCA.


I even got to take a couple of naps while G & G played with the kids.  


My parents braved the portrait studio with me and we took all three kids to get their pictures taken.  I thought Abbi looked like a little doll in her Christmas dress. (The boys also looked very handsome, but I didn't get a great picture of them)


They also braved the cold to walk Ammon to the bus stop in the morning.  I don't know who was more excited about this,  me or Ammon.

Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun visit and the great Thanksgiving.  We would love to have you come back any time.

11 comments:

The Obergs said...

I have been waiting for more pictures of our sweet baby girl. She is the most precious, adorable little thing. I will second the motion that she looks like a doll in her christmas dress. I'm crossing my fingers for good weather so that you guys can come for Christmas, I'm just aching to meet baby Abbi and to give both boys a big fat kiss.

shauni said...

Crystal, I am hoping we can come for Christmas too. Let's see how many people we can get to try to talk Colby into it!

~Mandy~ said...

I bet that was just awesome to have them come and visit!!! I'm so excited that you have a little girl to go with your boys! It's always nice to have both........

karin said...

It is always nice to be spoiled by parents/grandparents. And twice in one month is even better.

Aleese and Scott said...

That makes me so jealous!! I wish we could have come out also. Looks like you had a very packed week! I love all of the pictures the boys look like they had a blast, and I want to hold Abbi so bad!! She is just the most precious little thing, and yet again I can't believe all of that hair!! We miss you guys and I am glad you had such a great holiday!

Straley Family said...

Is it just me or do your boys look just like their grandpa?

Lisa said...

I love the picture of Abbi in her Christmas dress! I can't wait to see the pictures of all the kids together. Isn't it weird that you are now lumped into all the kids instead of both kids group?

Britney said...

Great pictures. I'm glad it was a fun visit with your parents.

By the way, I agree with Jessica. I think Ammon looks exactly like your dad. :)

Heather said...

she is so stinkin cute!!!!
how fun to have your parents come & visit!
missin you...

xoxo

Unknown said...

Your folks are so great. What a fun Thanksgiving!

Celeste Adams said...

Your babys is gorgeous. I love all of that dark hair. She looks just like her mom. Gorgeous! Looks like you guys had a great Holiday weekend. Did you make it out for Black Friday? I thought about you a lot that day. It was our tradition in Iowa