Friday the boys and I drove out to Pella, Iowa with some friends for their annual tulip festival. Pella is a Dutch community about 45 miles Southeast of Des Moines. During the tulip festival, Pella features parades, crafts, tulip gardens, bakeries and kids games and activities. We were lucky to have relatively good weather and we had a great time. It is finally starting to look like Spring here and we are enjoying the nice weather!
The kids enjoyed watching the parade, although Ammon was a little disappointed
that they didn't throw any candy.
The boys played a couple of the kid's games and got
to jump in the bounce house.
We had to stop at the bakery for dutch letters
and other yummy pasteries.
And of course, we visited the tulip gardens. The tulips were beautiful!
There was a huge variety of types and colors of tulips.
The boys were just excited to be outside,
running on the brick walkways.
Thanks to some great photography by Celeste, it looks like we are in a vast
field of tulips. Actually, it was a vast flower bed of tulips. Too bad my boys
will NEVER look at the camera and smile.
12 comments:
That looks so awesome with all of those tulips. The weather was great here today in Utah finally!
Looks like that was a lot of fun! The tulips are so pretty! I love how Ammon has his sun glasses on in all of the pictures he looks like such a stud!
Ammon is looking grown-up! I guess 3 babies is a bit much. 2 babies and a big boy. Or if that hurts Carter's feelings, a big boy, a medium boy and a baby.
Those tulips are gorgeous.
Shauni, you are such a fun, cute mom! Way to go! I love tulips too! Can I come to Iowa and see them? Looks like you all had a fun time.
I'm glad it's finally starting to warm up for you guys. What a fun outing. I love the whole tulip event. I'm thinking that next year Taylor and I will go down to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point.
What a fun day, and that is a great picture of you and the boys! Those tulips are sooo pretty!
What fun! I have to say, that picture of your family in the vast tulip field turned out great. I'm going to miss all of this fun we have. We had a great time with you guys. Loved the Dutch Letters
Wow! Those flowers are amazing! They make great pictures!
Love the photos! Especially the last one. So much personality and photogenic at the same time. And tulips are my favorite.
Ditto to Beebe but since I am so behind on blogs, everyone has already said what I wanted.
We had a great time at the festival! Thanks for the invite.
I also hate parades where they don't throw candy.
In fact, I hate parades, I just like saltwater taffy.
Post a Comment