Thursday, May 29, 2008

Catching Up

We have had an eventful couple of weeks, and I have been a major slacker in the blogging world.  This mega-post will hopefully get me caught up on the events of the last couple of weeks.

Two Years Down...

Yeah!! Colby finished his second year of school. He worked very hard and it paid off.  We are so proud of Colby for this major accomplishment.  Only five years to go.  We had a celebration dinner in honor of the end of the second year.

I spoiled Colby with some of his favorite foods:
Grilled Steak, Steamed artichokes, twice baked potatoes, 
crab legs and sparkling apple juice. 


Happy 29th Birthday!

That about sums it up.  This may be the last birthday Colby "celebrates."
Some of our friends watched the kids and we were able to go out to dinner
and see the new Indiana Jones movie. Happy Birthday Colb!


Colby and his awesome store bought cake. 
(I am becoming a slacker in my pregnant state)



Midwestern Storms..

We have learned that they have they craziest storms here in Iowa.  
You wouldn't believe how loud the thunder gets, or how frequent the lightning is.
Sunday we had a new experience, a midwestern hail storm. Ammon was confused
(thinking it was a tornado) and told me he needed to get his pillow and go
hide in the bathtub (apparantly they learned about tornado safety at school).
Here are some of the hail pieces I retrieved from the front lawn.




Preschool Graduation

Ammon finished preschool and had a great end of year program. 
We are so proud of Ammon! I can't believe he will start 
kindergarten in the fall. 

Ammon receiving his graduation certificate.


Ammon with his teacher, Mrs. Shoemaker.


A sampling of the preschool program.  Isn't he adorable?

17 comments:

The Obergs said...

Ok Shauni, I'm super impressed that you clip every leaf on the artichoke. I just chop off the tops and call it good. Also, I'm sure Colby full appreciated his celebration dinner. I'm usually too lazy to make anything else with my artichokes and Taylor always complains that just and artichoke is not a meal... I don't know, I think it's great.

I don't think I would ever call you a slacker. In fact, if you hadn't told me I would have thought you made that awesome-looking cake. Happy Birthday Colb, you old man.

Holy Hail, I would not want to be hit by that big one. I probably would have wanted to hide out in the bathtub too, that's a serious storm

Ammon looks so excited to get his diploma, I think that's one of the cutest pictures I've seen of him. I love his plaid shorts too.

karin said...

This is a mega-post, I am very impressed.

I love the video, the kid in the red shirt that kept popping out was hilarious and very entertaining for Lil A.

chunkymonkey said...

I fully believe in the catching-up-post. In fact, I sometimes go back and change dates to keep the record more accurate. You have been busy, pregnant and all! Wow! And still celebrating all the important events. Way to go! And I love the preschool grad video. Very entertaining! I can't wait for preschool.

Susan said...

Congratulations on b-day, graduation, end of year, fabulous looking dinner, major hailstorm, and of course, handsome looking boys!! Don't you love this time of year. I remember the thunderstorms in Texas and they were scary--one night the thunder shook our entire house and the rain filled up the storm drains to the top--pretty spectacular!! Ammon does look cute in his plaid shorts--he looks so grown up!! Can't wait to see you all...

Aleese and Scott said...

Wow that was a lot to cover in one post! Scotty is so jealous what a good wife to make such an awesome dinner! I want some yummy! Also Happy Birthday to Colby and congrats! He has the worst year over I am so jealous!! Also I love Ammons video that is so cute I can't believe her will in kindergarten! Will he have full day of half day? And wow I have never seen hail that big I would have done the same thing as Ammon, weather like that is scary even if it wasn't a tornado. SO CUTE!

Aleese and Scott said...

Sorry I was holding the baby "he will be in kindergarten" and full day "or" half day. Hope that makes sense.

Unknown said...

You've been busy! That diner looks so good - you should have warned me to read this post after lunch.
ggrrrr (that's my stomach)

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend, I too am a mega-poster. I signed off blogging for a whole month, yikes! But i'm caught up now. I think this is the only way we can communicate lately so I just wanted to say Hi, and you look so great! I love your belly!

Heather said...

Wow, you have been busy! Doesn't it feel good to be done with some school?? There is a little light at the end of the tunnel! Yummy dinner!
Ammon looked so cute getting his diploma. Loved the look on his face! :)

Lets talk soon~

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

That was one heck of a dinner! Wow, I don't think you can have that and the word "slacker" in the same post! Again...wow! I heaver NEVER cooked anything so amazing before. Go Shauni...and happy late birthday Colby.

The Harward Family said...

Holy Cow! You are an awesome cook! I cannot believe that. I am so impressed! Wow. It makes me hungry! Congrats on 2 years down, Happy Birthday Colby, and Preschool graduation! Lots going on. Kindergarten? Ammon is so big. That is just crazy. Love ya!

Kristen said...

Looks like you guys have been busy the last couple of weeks. Congrats on getting through the first two years it should be all down hill from here right?!

No you are not a slacker for buying a store bought cake-especially after seeing that delicious dinner you made for Colby!

sjmiller said...

Happy Birthday to Colby! And, that looks like an amazing dinner! Yummy!!

Congratulations on having two years down!

Oh, and you are hardly a slacker!

Mike and Kim said...

Happy Birthday, old man, and way to make it through the second year of school. If you were me, you'd be dropping out right now. Wouldn't that feel good?

That looked like an awesome dinner. We've recently celebrated with steaks and artichokes, but you one-upped us with the crab legs.

That is some freaky hail, I hope the MPV and Protege were hiding somewhere safe.

And congratulations on graduating from pre-school Ammon, kindergarten is going to be great.

Celeste Adams said...

I can't believe how fast the last two years have gone. Can you believe your little boy is 5, graduated preschool and going to all-day kindergarten? Crazy!

Frost Family said...

Happy b-day Colby! We are in that weird time of the year when we are only 1 year apart! Congrats on school, you are doing awesome. We are missing you guys and cant wait to see you this summer, hopefully Ammon says (suddupp) just one time!

The Teeples Times said...

way to go Shauni for making such a beautiful dinner - as for me when I was pregnant - it was like- where do you want to go eat? That is what a slacker is! Congrats to Colby and Ammon!! I loved that video clip, I think he is the only kid that can stand still and sing - it was hillarious! I miss you!!