Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow Day

I know I have blogged about the weather a lot lately, but it seems like some days it is the most exciting thing happening around here.  Today was one of those days. We had a busy day planned today including working at the YMCA this morning,  crazy opposites day at preschool this afternoon and a personal progress activity tonight (that I still wasn't totally prepared for) sometime between all of that I had hoped to go to Lisa's and work on my sewing project.  I was actually relieved when I woke up at 6:30 to find that Colby was still in bed (after I know he had  already gotten up showered and told me goodbye at 5:00) and discovered that we had gotten 9 inches of snow overnight.  I wasn't excited about more snowy weather, but I was pumped that Colby's school was closed and he got to spend the whole day with us.  Work, preschool and Young Women's were also cancelled and my stressful day ended up being really nice.  We were able to spend some quality family time, made a big breakfast, cleaned out our closet, ran errands, played games with the kids, let the boys play in the snow and talked to Grandma and Grandpa Frost on the webcam.  I wish more days were like this!



It takes a really cute kid to make snow boots look this good.


Ammon was excited to go out and play in the snow.


Oakley, Ashlyn and Ammon playing in the snow (poor little Carter missed out again.  He hasn't taken a nap in 6 months and he was napping today when the kids went outside.)

We're so grateful for good friends!  Thank you Lisa for letting Ammon come over and play while I was stressing (unnecessarily) over my YW activity.

10 comments:

karin said...

Unplanned family days are always the best. We haven't had one of those for a while- I am not asking for snow but I would love to have Bryan home unexpectedly.

Lisa said...

No problem, Ammon was helpful in keeping the girls interested in playing outside. I was glad that I got them out to play. Carter looks so big in that picture with his boots and hat on. I swear he looks like he's 10.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Good for you for making the most of all this snow. It was nice to have the hubby home...even if he was downstairs studying most of the day. Just knowing they are in the house makes it that much better. I love the pictures of the kids in the snow, you can't get much cuter!

Aleese and Scott said...

Looks like you had a fun day at home with the family. I am jealous because if there is any notion of bad weather here, everything is closed even when it rains, but of course Scotty's school is not canceled for anything! Well I am glad your day turned out to be a fun one!

Tristina said...

Lucky! I could totally use a snow day. I am glad that you made the most of it :-)

Heather said...

I miss the good ol' days when Nate could stay home when school got cancelled. [which was not often]
but, things are a whole lot different between "school" and residency.... it wouldn't matter if their was a flood, tornado, earthquake.... they never get a reason to stay home!! :) 80 hour work week what's that??? lol

miss you guys! I'm glad you got a fun day with colby & the kids!

The Obergs said...

Nothing gets cancelled here, not fair. I'm glad that you ended up having a great day though. I have to laugh at Ammon's face in the last two pictures, obviously that mask hinders his ability to see or smile... Poor Carter, I feel bad that he missed out.

Mike and Kim said...

What a great surprise,just like when you are a kid praying for a snow day, and it actually happens. I am glad you had a fun and unexpected snow day.

Mike and Kim said...

What a great surprise,just like when you are a kid praying for a snow day, and it actually happens. I am glad you had a fun and unexpected snow day.

Mike and Kim said...

What a great surprise,just like when you are a kid praying for a snow day, and it actually happens. I am glad you had a fun and unexpected snow day.