Sunday, February 24, 2008

Prom Night

No, that title is not a typo.  Colby and I went to prom last night.  More well known as the DMU Winter formal. I went with pretty low expectations (honestly, I was picturing a gymnasium with streamers and balloons) and I ended up being very impressed.  The gala was held at the Polk county convention center, it was decorated very nicely with formal tablecloths and chair covers and huge centerpieces on the tables.  (Colby's friend Bryce said, "wow, this is nicer than my wedding.")  The food was wonderful!  They had a chocolate fondue fountain, fancy cheese and crackers, fresh fruit and about fifty different kinds of cheesecakes, cakes and other desserts. The best part about it was it was free!  (well, it came with the small price of paying $25, 000 a year in tuition). We had a great time, and I even got Colby to bust a move on the dance floor.

Colby was thrilled that I made him take this picture. These are actually real flowers, not just a cheesy backdrop- so it was one step up from the Junior prom.

Adams and Olsons enjoying the dance.

Just one of my many mad dance moves.

Skye, Celeste, Shauni, Sara, Auprielle, Kelly and Lisa. 

Bryce and Natali Jolley, who we were able to coerce into going out with us before the dance.

Some of the great decorations. 


Shauni, Auprielle and Lisa.

Kelly, Sara, Natali and Shauni


Zack and Lisa Nance.

Bryce and Natali.


Some of you may laugh at the idea of us going to a formal dance (I did at first and so did the lady at the jewelry store and everyone I work with.) But we had a great time and I am really glad we were able to go.  Now if I can just talk Colby into taking me again next year.



13 comments:

karin said...

WOW! You look so good. And what a fancy night that exceeded your expectations and was kid-free too.

When we were in school, we just went out to dinner with some school friends instead of going to "Law Prom" (I am not joking that is what it is called). But now I wish we had gone to Law Prom, just so we could have pictures like yours.

Mark and Aupreille said...

Shauni,

You guys definitely need to go again, I already told Mark I want to go every year. I am all about free food and a date night, I mean what could be better other then lower tuition :)

Lisa said...

You guys look so cute. I have to say I witnessed you both "busting moves" maybe Colby should drop out of pod school and you guys could be on dancing with the stars.

Natali Jolley said...

You got some great pictures. I wanted to take a picture by the arch, but I felt to silly, like we really were at prom. I wish I would have now. You looked gorgeous and we will have to do Red Lobster soon!

Heather said...

Oh my heck how fun! You looked so pretty!!! Did you go & have your hair done, nails, pedicure... the works!!! :) he, he, he
Anyways, it looks liked you guys had a blast! I would for sure go again! Free food & a date night with your husband what more could you ask for!!!!

shauni said...

Lisa, definitely yes to dancing with the stars- how could we not win? and Heather, no I didn't go anywhere (I wish) but my friend Lisa came and rescued my hair and I actually painted my toenails (which have been bare since the Summer!)

Aleese and Scott said...

That looks like it was so much fun!! Last fall Scotty and I went to the University of Utah's Homecoming dance and it was so much fun, it is nice to get dressed up and go dance with your hubby. I love the pictures!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Looks like "Prom" was fun! Maybe next year...I have already spent my bribe money!

The Obergs said...

That looks like it was a blast! I'm so green with envy right now. Taylor has never danced with me, not even once. Our stake had a Sweethearts Ball for Valentine's Day this year and I asked Taylor if he would do me the honor of escorting me to the dance and he totally turned me down... yeah, I'm being serious. I asked him like 5 times in a row to really confirm that I was asking him and he was really saying no... Hopefully one day before we die I will be able to say that I've actually danced with my husband. Anyway, you guys looked great. I love your jewelry, and Colby you looked very dashing.

P.S. Tell Natali that I love her necklace, it is awesome.

Unknown said...

Fun! My corporate Christmas party is our fancy party. But you look like you're having WAY more fun. But ours did sport an open bar until 10pm. Woo-hoo.

sjmiller said...

How fun!

You guys look great and it looks like it was a blast! So cool that it was free! Very pretty setting too!

Mike and Kim said...

Out of all the dances that Kim and I went to, she only got me to really dance (aside from the slow, turning-in-a-circle-and-hugging kind) once, during my one year at BYU.

There must have been something in the water there that stripped me of my masculinity. I think they give it to the football team.

Looks like a fun night away from the kids, those are few and far between.

Leslee and Kody said...

that looks like alot of fun! definately not as SPARKLY as your other dresses you had for prom!! hahaha no sequins :( hahaha Yah there was alot of cute ones the website is called pysam.com you just pick one out that you like and they tell you how to do it, its way easy. love you and miss you too. Keep posting!