Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Once again, we have had many fun celebrations for Valentine's day.  The boys both had parties at preschool and we had a party at our house for their friends to come over. The boys were also excited to get presents in the mail from both Grandmas. We now have tons of candy, cookies and other treats at our house!



Carter waiting for his turn to hand out Valentines.


The kids at preschool checking out their Valentine loot.


It's party time! 


I decorated more cookies myself than all the kids put together. 


Decorating cookies.





Totally unrelated to Valentines day, but still funny....   Carter has started getting himself dressed in the morning, it is really nice that he can get dressed without help and he is excited to be independent.  Yesterday, I was in a hurry to go to work in the morning, I rushed the kids out the door and was gone all morning running errands.  We went to the YMCA, Target, Hyvee and Ammon's preschool before I realized that Carter had his pants on backwards.  Luckily, the camouflage made it harder to tell that they were on backwards!


10 comments:

karin said...

We went to a Valentine's Party yesterday (I might steal some photos to post). Your cookies look delicious, I think I will have to have a treat now.

Carter is cute and I LOVE the independence thing until I am in a hurry.

Heather said...

Looks like a fun day!! Your cookies look great too!!! yummy.
I wish I could have ate anything yesturday!?! I guess I was feeling a little sorry for myself b/c I saw all the fun things everyone was doing & I guess that is what happens when you get sick! :(
{feeling better though, YEA}
Next year for sure I will need to make it up too my kiddos!!!

Have a great friday!!
love ya

Tristina said...

I really just laughed out loud at work about Carter's pants. That is so funny!

The Obergs said...

The camo must have Camoflaged the front from the back... hahah, cute Carter! Shauni, when I have kids I want to get tips from you on how to be a fun mommy. You are always doing the most fun things with your kids.

chunkymonkey said...

Your photos have just added to the feeling that I can hardly wait for Conrad to be old enough for pre-school. It looks so fun!

Skye O. said...

Your party was fun. The pictures turned out cute. Thanks for having a cookie party. I always love Valentine's Day, and it isn't complete without making sugar cookies.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

So bummed I couldn't be there. Thanks for the treat bag! Enjoy the "warm" weather today..I guess tomorrow brings another storm...yeah!

Mike and Kim said...

I'm surprised that Carter can get his pants on by himself, Megan definitely doesn't have the muscle to do that.

She gave all of her friends yogurt covered raisins for Valentine's day, and I got a Buzz Lightyear card (it's still on the fridge.)

Frost Family said...

Carter was just trying to bring back the Kriss Kross look. Remember the cheesy 80's rap group that wore all their clothes backwards?

Natali Jolley said...

You really can't tell that his pants are on backwards. I'm sure no one noticed. Other note, I think that next Valentines day we should have a Valentines ALL GIRL party. WE will hand out valentines to everyone and be just as excited about it as preschoolers are. I haven't had a Valentines Day that was fun like that for a while.