Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Tribute to Good Friends

This Summer is my ten year high school reunion. (scary!) To commemorate this event, my friends and I spent a weekend in Salt Lake together. We had such a blast! I am so blessed to have such good friends and to have been able to keep in contact with them for so many years. This post is dedicated to my friends and all the reasons why I love them!

Kami, Lisa, Shauni and Melanie (it took many tries to get this picture!)


Lisa shows off some of her purchases.


Kami was the good friend who agreed to give Melanie her shot.


Our "nice" hotel. (But it was a really good deal!)


40 reasons why I love my friends:

1. They listen to me even when I don't have anything interesting to say.

2. They will watch Steel Magnolias with me (and cry at the end).

3. They know me well enough to know that if I am in the hospital after having a baby, I would rather have them bring me ice cream than send me flowers.

4. We can go six months without seeing each other and when we get together we haven't missed a beat.

5. They will talk about things like body hair and stretch marks without getting grossed out.

6. They still hung out with my when I had tootsie roll bangs and the 80's haircut (in 1999).

7.We are almost thirty and we can still stay up until 3 am at a sleepover talking about boys (usually our husbands and kids, but boys all the same).

8.They can sing along with me to "Insensitive," "Sweet, Sexy Thing" and almost anything by Tom Petty.

9. Road trips.

10. Choir trips.

11. Drill trips.

12. Spring break.

13. I love that Lisa has 6 kids under the age of 5 and her hair still always looks perfect.

14. I love that Jen already thinks about how her 3 year old's wedding invitation will look.

15. I love that I can talk to Kami on the phone for 2 hours and still have more to say.

16. I love that Mel had enough self confidence to date a guy who wore overalls- in college.

17. I love that Lanae fell out of a moving vehicle trying to get a guys attention.

18. The world's best book club. (Thank you Jen!)

19. Our Senior trip and everything that went with it.

20. Melanie's condo at snowbird.

21. Between the six of us, we have 15 kids and 2 on the way (congrats to Mel on the twins!).

22. I love that I was at Lisa's house often enough to frequently see her mom in her bath robe.

23. I love that Lanae nicknamed her black and white car "Micheal Jackson."

24. I love how Melanie skis.

25. I love that Kami will tell me what she really thinks about the clothes I try on when we are shopping.

26. They know, and frequently call me by, my middle name.

27. I love that I know if they prefer to dip or crunch saltine crackers in tomato soup.

28. Our trips to Las Vegas, California, New York, Florida, Tennessee, Ensenada, Disneyland and St. George.

29. They all came to, and dressed up for, my Halloween parties.

30. Girls night outs.

31. Scrapbooking.

32. Our apartment.

33. Belly button rings and (almost) tattoos.

34. Play dates.

35. We all agree that you have to hold an imaginary microphone when lip syncing.

36. I love that Lanae doesn't hold a grudge that she was my "service project."

37. Twinkies and Twizzlers.

38. We can do better than "not ugly".

39. When I have a parenting question, one of them is bound to know the answer.

40. They make me a better person.

6 comments:

The Obergs said...

I always love lists, and what's more fun than reading about body hair and belly button rings? hahah I think it's so great that you are all still such great friends. Can you believe how close you girls are after so many years. I can't believe it's been 10 years since you guys graduated, and I can't believe it's been 5 since I have. I'm sure you will agree with me when I say it feels like it was yesterday...

Cute pictures!

Unknown said...

Awww! What a fun tribute - and how great that you got to have a weekend together!

karin said...

How AWESOME you got to spend a weekend together! I am jealous!
I have been trying to spend a weekend with my Waco friends and I have only been gone ONE year.

**15 Kids and 2 on the way is impressive.

shauni said...

Crystal, I can't believe it has been 5 years since you graduated! Time flies. Are you having a reunion? I am still mad that we didn't have one.
Karin, The 15/2 number was helped a lot by the fact that one of my friends had quads. And I would recommend a girls trip with your Waco friends if at all possible, it would be worth it!

Anonymous said...

This tribute really made me feel better about my day and I loved seeing the cute pictures of all my great friends. I love that you came up with 40 reasons that you love us!!! That's quite a list and I am so grateful to have you as a friend. I love you and miss you!!
Jen

Ann said...

How great that you were able to hang out with your high school friends again!

6 kids under 5??? She must be Wonder Woman in disguise!