Saturday, July 21, 2007

Husbandless and cleaning up puke

Today marks day seven of Colby being out of town. It has been a long week. I have to admit, I was mildly jealous when I talked to Colby today and he was at the mall- and he had just spent the afternoon at the lake. I spent my day cleaning up puke. Carter has been sick and started throwing up at about 6 am this morning. By the time I put him to bed at 8 he had thrown up about ten times, been in six or seven different outfits and taken five baths. For some strange reason, Carter being sick made me miss Colby even more. I don't know why because even if he was home I would have been the one cleaning up puke, it's just nice to have some company while cleaning I guess. I found this picture so I can remember how much I love my boys. Not that cleaning up throw-up made me love them any less, I love my kids all the time. I just love them more when they're healthy!


5 comments:

karin said...

I am sorry you have been cleaning up nastiness and that you are without your husband. I get "lonely" when I leave Bryan at home, it is just nice to know he is there if I need him. I have been lucky that my boys are seldom (I think twice total) sick and Bryan is a big participator in the clean-up.

We (my mom, Ann & I) decided you have really cute boys.

Unknown said...

Oh, poor little Carter and poor little you! That sounds just miserable. But the matching sweater vests are really adorable.

Mike and Kim said...

While Kim was at work the other day I had terrible vertigo (somebody told me it was from allergies here -- weird). It was so bad that I couldn't get up from the floor outside of Megan's bedroom for a few minutes while she cried in her crib.

Sometimes it sucks to be stuck at home, but then again, what would I have done if I had had to work that day?

Good luck.

The Obergs said...

I still feel so bad that Carter didn't get to go to the zoo and see the alligator. It's no fun being sick, especially when you're throwing up. And I'm sure it's even worse being the mom that has to clean it up without any reinforcements. Well, I hope he's feeling better and if it makes you feel any better we didn't end up doing anything fun either.

P.S. I can't believe how little carter looks in this picture. I didn't realize how much he has changed...

karin said...

Ticket to Ride is a board game- it is fun even though I haven't won yet. Guitar Hero is a video game for PlayStation and we love to do Verses (because then 2 people play at a time).

We (my siblings & I) need your email.