Friday, May 11, 2007
Our new additions
Apparently, Ammon has been feeling like our family is incomplete. Originally, he requested a baby sister named Karlee (due to the fact that his best friend has a baby sister named Karlee). Then, after they had a lesson on pets at preschool, he asked for a dog. Neither of the above seemed like good options, so Colby and I suggested a fish. That seemed to satisfy him. We now have 4 little new additions to our family. Ammon named his fish Flash and Carter named his Picasso (I would like to tell you that he is an artistic genius, but he got it from Toy Story). We also have Danio and Sylvester Girl. The boys are so excited to have pets. They help feed them and they talk to them. Ammon has said more than once, "Flash is so happy in his new home."
Colby getting the tank ready.
Little fish are really hard to take pictures of, this is the best I could do.
The boys watching their fish eat breakfast.
Carter said, "I love my Picasso fish, he's so cute!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Fun! I am glad we are not to the asking for babies and pets yet. I am not ready for the responsibilities of pets. When Adam sees babies he LOVES them but Bryan asked him if he wanted to have one at our house and he said matter-of-factly "no".
Are you going to be at Grandpa Stewart's party in August?
The fish look like a fun new pet. Fishes were are family pet growing up, and all I have to say is don't let the boys pet the fish because they are jealous their friends get pet their pet dog, it's still tramatic to remember the fish belly up the next day.
You sure are brave. I hope you're not setting yourself up for some heartache. Just before I got pregnant I got myself a fish to prove I could keep something alive. Xi died in one day. I cried. Hyrum was a surprise.
I am so happy for you about your new little guys. How fun! And I love the names. I had to ask Ann about the Toy Story reference, and I must say that that is a smart boy to catch onto such a brief reference. I am impressed.
I would like to know who picked out the name Sylvester Girl.... Love the fish! That was always my pet growing up too, until I got Rascal of course. I also love the "piece of pirate" that you've got in the tank. So what's Colby doing now that he's done with school?
Crystal,
The boys wanted to name my fish girl (or "grill" according to Ammon) and I wanted to name it Sylvester- so Sylvester girl was our compromise.
Funny that you should mention Sylvester girl- we had a tragedy at our house and S.G. got stuck between the filter and the side of the fish tank. Carter kept saying, "poor little fishy" and Ammon would chime in, "Mom, you've got to do something, get her some fish medicine." Needless to say, within an hour or so she was "belly up" and actually got sucked up into the filter. The boys took it very well (since it was my fish) and did their best to console me. Carter said, "Oh, we better go to Walmart and get another Tiger fish for you." Colby actually doesn't finish school for another 2 weeks (or I guess more accurately 10 days) so right now he is studying his brains out! But when he is done, we are definitely celebrating.
Post a Comment