Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Colby!

Today Colby is turning 28! He can no longer tease me about being an "old woman" because we are now the same age again. Unfortunately, Colby is going to spend the day studying for his last test (it's tomorrow AM), but after that we are going to celebrate for two months!
Colby is hands down the world's best husband and best daddy. Here are all the things we love about him:

-I love that he works at the school (from Ammon)
-when I grow up I'm going to be a foot doctor and a daddy and a garbage truck driver and go to the same school as daddy. (from Ammon)
- he reads me stories (from Cart)

-Whenever I come home from work, the house is clean and the kids are in bed. It is so nice not to have to worry about what I will find when I come home.
- I can cook anything and Colby will eat it. Most of the time, he even says it's good.
-he helps with the dishes.
-he makes me laugh.
-I don't want daddy to go to school today (from Carter)
-he makes me breakfast in bed and gives me back rubs when I have had a really long day.
-he gets really excited when I make food that he likes.
-he is very kind to others
-he doesn't like contention or confrontation so he's a great peacemaker.
-he helps get the kids ready for church.
-he gets really excited when Carter wakes up dry and gives him fives when he goes potty.

This is what Colby has looked like for the last 10 months.


-Dad plays with us all the time and he teases us (from Ammon)
-he gets really mad when he looses his x-box soccer games and he yells at the TV.
-he is very unselfish and always thinks of me and the kids first.
-he gives great hugs.
-he works very hard in school and studies very diligently, even when I try to talk him out of it.
-he plays soccer with me (from Carter).

We hope Colby has a great birthday! We love you daddy!

9 comments:

The Obergs said...

I hope Colby has a great birthday too!!!!! I already called him this morning and got no answer which I attributed to him studying. Good look on your last test Colb and have a great birthday!

The Obergs said...

P.S. Shauni we will definitely wait for pizza night until you guys get here. What day is it?

Unknown said...

Wow, Colby sounds awesome! And I really like Ammon's ambitions. (Does Colby drive garbage on the side?)

shauni said...

Crystal, we will get into Utah June 3 late at night- thanks for waiting for us for pizza. Emily, Colby doesn't drive garbage on the side, but it would be a good way to pay off those student loans! (I think Ammon got that from one of his library books that is about a stinky garbage truck)

Mike and Kim said...

Happy Birthday Colby. We're going to Chuck E Cheese and we're going to run up and put the skeet balls in the center when no one is looking and buy cheap crap with the extra tickets that we pull slowly out of the machine. And have Black Forest cake with the canned cherries, dammit!

That's funny that Ammon wants to be a garbage man, I'm looking in to it. It seems to be where people with graduate degrees in Political Science end up.

P.S. I wanted to be a "cargo pilot" when I was little because of Baloo in Tailspin.

Carolee said...

Happy Birthday Colby! You don't get old until you have to join the 30's club (it stinks)!! Good luck on the last test and we look forward to seeing you guys in Utah soon!

P.S. Maybe now you can spend some time on your soccer team!! I thought you were a "foot specialist"....I am smoking you and I even missed the whole first week!! YIKES!

Frost Family said...

Happy Birthday Colby!! We are looking forward to you guys coming to Utah. Good luck on your test and heres to hoping you get a "Birthday Surprise" tonight! We love you man!!

sjmiller said...

Happy Birthday to Colby!!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe I get to comment again--I know you've been missing my witty notes!!(ha,ha) Happy birthday to #3 son--we definitely missed you and Mike yesterday. Isn't it great to share b-days--I loved having you both on the same day two years apart. We are so excited to see your little family and spend some "quality" time (and hopefully quantity too) We are trying to get some fun things planned. Congrats on finishing your first year--it can only get better and easier from here--right??!! See y'all soon