Thursday, April 12, 2007

Terrific Twos and Potty Training

I was reading through my last couple of posts and it sounds like I have a very negative outlook on motherhood (which is not true). So I wanted to post all the things that are great about my kids.

I love that Carter uses big words (well, big for a two year old) like because, I'm pretending, I have an idea and it's my favorite and quotes movies (he says, "hit the road bucky," from Emperor's new groove, "To infinity and beyond," from Toy Story and "Cachow," from Cars).

I love that Ammon randomly gives me hugs and says, "Mom, I sure love you."

Today after I gave Carter fruity Cheerios for breakfast he informed me that Lightning McQueen was sad because he didn't have any fruity Cheerios. I proceeded to get a bowl of Cheerios for Lightning to which Carter said, "Mom, Lightning doesn't want Cheerios in a bowl, he wants them in a Piston cup."

I love that Ammon carries around little toys and gadgets everywhere. His most recent is a small plastic snake that he named popcorn.

I love that Carter likes to play with my hair when he's tired.

I love that my kids are in bed by 8 pm.

I love that Ammon tells everyone that he is 4, he is a really good swimmer and he plays soccer.

I also wanted to include this video because I think it is so dang cute. For those of you wondering, I have committed to potty train Carter starting tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.


5 comments:

The Obergs said...

Potty training, ahh, good luck! Ammon is so funny. He needed everyone to see his big boy underwear too. You have some cute little boys Shauni. I'm going to add some of favs to your list. I love when Carter tries to wrestle but is really just hugging tightly. And when grandma said to Ammon "goodbye cute ammon" and ammon said to grandma "goodbye cute grandma".

Unknown said...

Everyone needs in on the underwear attention! That is so funny!

btw, we're out video camera shopping these days - what kind do you have and what's your review of it?

sjmiller said...

Shauni,
Good luck with the potty training! Olivia is finally getting the hang of it, and I think she is pretty much done. But, it took a while. I hope that Carter has a smooth transition. To me, it seems like the second will be easier (and it pretty much was) cause the first teaches and is the example.

I like that you listed what you love about being a mom too! You are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Carter's little bum is so cute in big boy underwear!! Good luck with the potty training

chunkymonkey said...

Wow! You are a super mom to start the potty training with your little guy. I love how excited he is about it. So much bouncy energy! And I'd like to point out the background music is very recognizable--closing credits for Nemo, isn't it?