When Carter throws a fit, he clinches his fists and his little bum and yells really loud. I only know the part about his little bum because last night he threw a huge fit in the bathtub because I used the wrong kind of bubble bath. He also threw a fit when I got him out because he was so busy screaming in the bath, he didn't play with his lizards. Then he cried when I put his jammies on because he wanted to wear his Lightning McQueen shirt to bed and I put on Thomas the train PJ's. I think we have officially entered the terrible twos. It's a good thing he's so cute.
Note to self: Next time skip the bubble bath.
6 comments:
Shauni, Carter is so cute I can't even imagine him throwing a fit!! And it's still hard to believe he is two--by the way, happy birthday tomorrow--wish we could take you out to the traditional b-day dinner. Have a great day!
I would love to see a video clip of Carter throwing a fit :) Just kidding. Austin is the same way but in addition to the clenched fists and bum, he points at you and sternly says "NO!" I don't remember Adam doing any of these things (but he did grow up very fast). He is still cute.
*Katie saw Grandma Stewart this weekend; Grandma gets Austin and Carter confused, just thought you would find that interesting.*
That picture is very deceiving! He looks so pleasant and fun - you'd never know he was a Big Fit Thrower!
I also can't even imagine cute little carter throwing a fit. I guess you're going to have to consult with him about every decision you make for him. I also would like to wish you a happy birthday. I hope Colby does something great for you! Post some pictures of your big day.
The twos are kind of the pits. We always look at our friends' one year old and think "that was such a good age." Actually, 9 months to about 15 were the best. They just sit around and play, they don't make too much noise, they're not real mobile. Good times.
Today Megan warned me that if I continued trying to get her dressed that she would have to go to timeout. I gave up.
Sounds like you are hitting the terrible twos. Sorry! Isn't hard to believe that a sound and fit so big could come out of someone so cute and small?
They are so frustrating, but be consistent and calm, and the fits will eventually die down more and more each time.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment