I made this video for my parents and Colby's parents for Christmas. Unfortunately, we had some technical difficulties and I could never get it to burn to a disc. It has taken me until now to figure out how to download a DVD encoder to transfer it into a file that I could download onto youtube. Here it is, a late Christmas present- or Happy Valentines Day a day early!
8 comments:
See, having no cable is a great thing! That is a great idea, I am going to have to steal it.
Oh Shauni, I love it! You are so creative, I too am going to steal the idea....as soon as I have kids. I'm going to admit that I cried a little bit. What a fantastic gift, I know my parents will love it!
We watched the video last night--it was so-oo-oo cute! We loved every minute of it. I am so impressed with your "skills"--what a great Christmas/Valentines gift!
The video looks great, although for some reason it stops at 3 minutes or so for us. Could you post the link to where it is on youtube?
LOVE IT! Maybe next you can post instructions on how to do it for all of us who want to steal your idea!
Mike and Kim,
That's weird that it won't play the whole video, try the youtube link its:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t7U_Avz5XY
let me know if it works!
Shauni,
You have a beautiful family, and I love this idea!
I have yet to figure out how to post things like this online.
I agree with Ann! You need to post the instructions!
Super cute!
Ann and Stephanie,
I used Windows Movie Maker to make this video, it is really easy to use and comes on most of the newer computers that use windows. (If you can't find it, try looking under accessories) You have to used music that is in an MP3 format. When you are done with the movie, use the finish movie function to save your finish product (this is important because you can't encode a project that is in progress). You have to use a DVD encoder to convert the file to DVD format, if you don't have one try downloading DVDsanta- they have a free trial version on their website dvdsanta.com
To post videos on my blog I use youtube. Go to youtube.com and open an account, click on download new videos and browse your computer files for your video. After it has downloaded to youtube copy and paste the URL that says "embed" next to it. (It is really long and is on the page where other people view your videos). Paste this URL directly to your blog under "edit HTML" It is actually pretty easy, but my directions are not great and make it sound harder than it is. Email me if you have any questions!
shaunifrost@gmail.com Good Luck!
Post a Comment