Sunday, February 11, 2007

Entertaining ourselves

It has been so cold here lately! One morning it was negative 3 with a wind chill factor of negative 22. Our drain pipe on our washing machine even froze, which resulted in soapy water all over our carpet, kitchen and bathroom- what a mess! Needless to say, we haven't wanted to go outside much. We are trying to find alternative ways to entertain ourselves.


The boys love putting up their tents and tunnels. They fill up our whole living room, buy they keep the boys entertained.

The Science Center of Iowa is a great place to go play, Ammon loves making imprints of his hands and face. I can't remember what these things are called, but the one at the Science Center is huge!


Carter found these sunglasses in Ammon's drawer. He is all ready for Summer!


The mall has a great indoor play area that we frequent. Carter likes to climb inside the Hippo's mouth and pretend he is being eaten.


Ammon has been playing computer games. He hurries through the educational part so he can play the fun games at the end.

5 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

And we thought it was bad this week because it was in the 50s. Iowa sucks. Glad to see that you're keeping the boys entertained.

The Obergs said...

that does suck! i thought Logan was terrible because it was -10. We actually got through the cold spell in about a week and are now in the balmy 40s. However, I do know how you feel, I didn't leave my house that entire weekend that it was so cold. It looks like you guys are having fun though!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it is so cold--I think we're all ready for summer. We watched some video of Lake Meade and it kind of warmed us up and gave us hope!! Looks like you're having fun in spite of it all. I love the sunglasses . . .

karin said...

When we were in Texas we would go to the museum when it was too humid to be outside, but the cold thing I just can't understand.

Unknown said...

Wow, I have enough trouble entertaining myself! Way to keep your little boys happy!