Monday, November 07, 2011

Halloween Time

This year, we kicked off our Halloween celebrations when Grandma and Grandpa Frost were here visiting. We were going to carve pumpkins, but it was a little early and still so warm they weren't going to last until Halloween. So instead of carving pumkins, we make Halloween lanterns out of mason jars and tissue paper.


Every participated in the "lantern making fun,"


and they turned out great!



The trunk or treat is always one of the highlights of Halloween, probably because the kids get so much candy in such a short amount of time. This year was no exception, there were a TON of kiddos at the trunk or treat and our kids had a blast hanging out with their buddies and collecting mounds of candy.

Abbi and her buddy Logan with Colby and his buddy Jason.


Abbi and Lily


We also got together with some friends to celebrate this fun holiday. I love this picture of the "Harry Potter crew."


All the kids from tallest to smallest.


Even some of the moms got in on the fun.
My friend Janene and I in our costumes.


Because a ton of candy is never enough, we also went trick or treating on Halloween night. I may be biased, but I thought my kids were the cutest ones out there!


Abbi will still tell you that her daddy is a "party pooper," because he wouldn't dress up for Halloween... maybe next year?


The best part of trick or treating in Texas is the nice, warm weather. Everyone sits out in their driveways to hand out candy, you don't even need a jacket. We also saw some great Halloween decorations and a real haunted house.


Man, I love these boys.


Colby with our friends, the Williams out trick or treating (he may not have dressed up, but at least he pulled the wagon!)

We hope y'all had a great Halloween too!

3 comments:

karin said...

I had a long comment typed out and then it went to a blank box.
I love your mason jar lanterns and the costumes. And you should join us for Trick-or-Treating next year, my neighbors are the best- we got more candy in less than an hour because we don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood.

The Obergs said...

Ammon and his eyeball, Carter and those round glasses and the cutest little bumblebee ever! I agree, your kids probably were the cutest ones out there.

Did you make Abbi's costume? I am going to assume you did since it was super cute AND it looked like it was quality and not just the flimsy pieces of junk that are held together by a string in the back like the costumes I saw at the store.

You jars are genius and so cute and the picture of you guys in front of them is great. Everyone looks so cute, especially my dad. That's one that will definitely make it in to our next video.

Mike and Kim said...

I love the lantern's, they look very cool. I love the "Harry Potter crew", your kids are defiantly the cutest ones out there. It looks like it was a great Halloween.

P.S. Megan just told me you look cute in your pirate costume, and I agree.