Sunday, October 04, 2009

What the ???

Friday night Colby and I were able to go out on a hot date, without the kids! It had been a while since we'd been out to dinner by ourselves and we were looking forward to a quiet evening alone. We dropped the kids off at the baby sitter's and headed to the restaurant. At the restaurant, we chose to sit in the "open seating" in the bar rather than wait for a table. Shortly after we had ordered our appetizer and drinks, two old guys came into the bar and sat down at our same table! Colby and I looked at each other like, "what the crap?" and just started laughing. It was bad enough that the waitress brought us four appetizer plates and another restaurant employee handed me one of their sodas (to pass over to him). So much for having dinner by ourselves! So, as Colb and I ate our pizza and sandwich, old dudes dined on their fish and wine. At the end of our meal I kind of felt like saying, "well, thanks guys. I guess we'll see you later..." One things for sure, we won't soon forget that date!



Here is the evidence! Colby snuck this picture on his phone, so it's not the best quality- but it's proof of the "old dudes," cardigan and all!

10 comments:

Heather said...

seriously that is the funniest thing ever!! i'm still laughing. hope the rest of the night was a little better!!! :)

The Obergs said...

hahah. I love the fact that old guys sat there even though there seemed to be plenty of seating behind you. Awesome! You should have gotten their numbers so that you could do dinner again sometime.

Aleese and Scott said...

That is so hilarious!! So much for your night alone! I love the picture!

karin said...

LOVE it. Sounds like an enjoyable night, something that probably wouldn't have happened if you had had the kids with you.

Kelly said...

Ha, ha. That is so funny!

Ann said...

Seriously Shauni, this is so stinkin' funny! I'm so glad you got a picture of your double date!

archiecrew said...

So funny! I think they were trying to feel young again or too chicken to hit on you! Glad you were able to spend time with your hubby!

Aleesha said...

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

The Teeples Times said...

What?? I thought that old guy was Colby??!! It has been a while since I've seen him! What is he doing home? Are you sure you haven't traded him in for that guy you were sitting by??

Maria said...

Seriously! I cannot stop laughing!! That really IS a hot date for the two of you! Oh well, at least you got to spend time together, even if it was shared with some serious tag-alongs. ;)