Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Family Fun


Saturday we were blessed with some nice Fall weather. We decided to take advantage of it and spend some family time at the Center Grove apple orchard. I know at first mention the apple orchard doesn't sound like an exciting place to spend a Saturday, but this apple orchard is fabulous- they have so much more than apples! We spent the afternoon in the corn pool, on the jumping pillow, navigating our way through the hay maze, on a hay ride and on the giant slide. The kids had a blast and I can't think of a better way to spend our last Saturday together before Colby heads to Detroit this weekend.


The whole family on the hay ride.


Ammon got some sweet air on the jumping pillow. Abbi also loved the jumping pillow, she giggled and giggled when we would bounce and didn't want to get off.


The boys buried in the corn pool. I LOVE the midwest, I mean a giant pool of corn?? Where do they come up with this?? I am totally going to miss giant pools of corn when we move next Summer.


Abbi didn't want to have anything to do with the corn, but they boys all loved it.


On top of the corn maze.


Me and the boys on the giant slide. (It was more giant than this picture would have you believe, this is only half of it.)


So many things to do? Where should we start?


We finished the afternoon by enjoying cider donuts at the country store.

The boys insisted on having their picture taken on this giant cob of corn, I love it.

What a fun, fun day!
We are so grateful that we had one more day of nice weather before the inevitably long and cold Winter comes! We are also so glad that Colby has been able to be in Des Moines this month, I am praying that November will pass as quickly as October has..

9 comments:

The Obergs said...

I'm praying that November goes quickly too. It's hard enough for me when Taylor doesn't come home for lunch. I can't imagine having 2 more kids and having him be away for months.

Speaking of kids, I can't believe how grown-up all of yours are looking. Carter is getting so tall, Ammon has got all sorts of permanent teeth and Abbi's hair is getting really long (and so blond). What a great day.

P.S. Just to let you know, it snowed here.

Summer said...

OH, I love these kinds of things in the Fall! We have a fruit farm near us that has a lot of fun activities too. It's my favorite!!! The doughnuts are a must too!

karin said...

What a great way to spend time, especially with "an extra adult." I hope November goes by quickly for you too. I need to do something like this this fall, I think my boys would really enjoy it.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

If I can get my kids well enough I'd love to take Ben up there with the kids. I am so sorry that Colby is leaving, I hate that feeling! I hope November goes by SUPER duper fast.

Heather said...

seriously i think abbi is so cute. where did she come from.... i mean i look at all of you & she has these bright blue eyes & blond hair soooooo stinkin cute!! :)
sorry that the hubs is leaving again. i feel for you. ;(

Becca said...

Don't worry- the festival looks a lot like Thanksgiving Points- we will have to do it here one day when you guys move back to UT? Right?

Maria said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! I LOVE the fall...when the weather cooperates! :)

The Teeples Times said...

I love the pool of corn and the giant corn. We have a great farm out here we like to go to, but that one may have it beat! That place is COOL!! I have discovered cider donuts since moving out here - they're the best, right?? Why is Utah so lacking in their Fall fun?

Hope your time goes by fast with Colby gone!! LOve you!!

Anonymous said...

It's great to see your whole family together, Daddy and all. Enjoy it while it lasts right? Call me if you need me!