Iowans take their football seriously. Especially Iowa/Iowa State football. This year I have noticed it even more than before. The boys both had University of Iowa/Iowa State dress day at school, both of their soccer games were cancelled Saturday because the coaches wanted to watch the big game and too many players were going to miss soccer to go to the big game and last week (the week of the game) the doughnuts at Hyvee were frosted in Iowa/Iowa State colors. But I knew it was really serious when Ammon came home from school on Friday and said, "So mom, Cyclones or Hawkeyes?" I decided it was time for us to get into the spirit of the big football rivalry. We are all now proud owners of Hawkeye apparel (football fans across the nation will begrudge the fact that I chose our team based solely on the color scheme of their merchandise). The day of the big game we all got dressed in our University of Iowa garb and headed to the farmer's market with some friends. We enjoyed chatting with fellow Hawkeye fans and the banter we received from those who were sporting their Cyclone gear, and we felt like true Iowans, enjoying a morning at the farmer's market before the big game. We didn't go to the game (we actually didn't even watch the game), but I hear that I chose wisely: University of Iowa beat Iowa State 35 to 3. Go Hawkeyes!
6 comments:
sort.of like gooooooooo seahawkeyes here!! ;) such cute pictures of you guys. miss you.
Is there a better way to pick a team? Can't go wrong with navy and yellow! :)
Love it. We all sport our team stuff, some more than game day but the game is watched more than once (usually) and games of teams we will be playing is also watched. Some one in our family is a huge college football fan and it makes everyone around him a fan too. It is fun.
Hey Shauni! So today I came across a crumpled piece of paper deep in the pit of my purse that had your blog address on it. So it'll be fun keeping tabs on you and seeing what's going on.
You crack me up with the whole football thing. I'd totally do the same thing too though, just to get into the spirit of things.
so did Megan like the color scheme too, or did she just want all the kids in matching clothes? hahah, I love Abbi's bow, but I think she needs a shirt too.
You are one of the funniest/craziest people I know!! YOu make me laugh! You all look great sporting the gear! Football is defintely LIFE in the mid-west! Way to experience it! HOpe you're doing well. I think of you often..maybe I'll actually get around to picking up the phone and calling...geez,eh?
Post a Comment