Monday, August 24, 2009

Firsts!

We have had a lot of FIRSTS at our house lately. Today was Ammon and Carter's FIRST day of school.


Ammon started FIRST grade,


and Carter started four-year old preschool. It was the FIRST time the boys got to play together at recess.


This week Carter also had his FIRST soccer practice.


Today was also the FIRST time I took all three kids to the doctor for check-ups at the same time. (This was also the LAST time I attempt to do that!)
Little Miss Abbi is growing like a little weed, at 9 months here are her stats:

Weight: 21 lbs. 6 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 30 inches (97th percentile)

Unless she gets her mom's hand-eye coordination, we could have a little basketball player on our hands!


This week, Abbi got to visit Gray's Lake for the FIRST time,


It was also the FIRST time she stood on her own,


and sadly, the FIRST time she skinned her knee.


And last but not least, this was the FIRST week that Colby was away on rotations....
and we survived!! Hurray!

Whew, all this excitement is wearing me out!

7 comments:

Heather said...

look how cute your kids are! i can come take abbi off your hands any day..... oooh i could just give her a big squeeze. super fun.
hey look i'm the "first" one to comment too!!! :)

love ya

karin said...

I am totally impressed. I was not expecting posts during all of this but I guess you have to keep yourself "busy" somehow.

You could skip school and come hang out with me, I know a few girls who would love to help us go to Disneyland.

Straley Family said...

So I was reading your "farwells" post and I cried a little for you. Your a strong person and I know you can do this. Don't forget that you have friends here that would do anything for you!

The Obergs said...

oh my gosh Shauni, the outfit with Abbis' sparkly mini skirt and uggs is incredible. I'm in love! What an incredibly cute little babe. I could just eat her up. I'm also loving the picture of Carter on his first day of soccer practice. He must be excited if he will pose with his hand on his hip. He's going to be a great little soccer player, I can totally imagine him getting in there and mixing things up.

Maria said...

Wow! That is a lot of firsts. :) Congrats to the kids. They really are adorable! And awesome to you surviving your first week alone. You can do it, girl!

Mike and Kim said...

There's something about seeing our kids with backpacks on that kills me. They're getting so big.

I had a great idea for you -- I bet you could totally get on the pity list for free dinners from the Relief Society, since you're juggling three kids by yourself. Think about it.

The Teeples Times said...

What a wonderful week of firsts. Too bad Colby wasn't there to see them. I think you're doing well as a single mom - I would expect nothing less from you - you're awesome!!!