Saturday, June 28, 2008

Boy Oh Boy!

I have to apoligize for the lack of posts lately.  Contrary to what many of you thought, we weren't swallowed up in the Iowa floods- we just moved and were slow to hook up our internet at our new place. We are all alive and well and enjoying the Summer.  I have tons of pictures to post from the last couple of weeks, but I had to start with the most exciting news of the month.  Monday I went in to have my first ultrasound.  Everything looks great and we are having one healthy, adorable little baby who looks a little bit like a ball of playdough. 




Or, as Ammon said, "Our baby looks kind of like a rock"


Whether it is playdough or a rock, the ultrasound technician 
gave us 110% that it is  a baby girl.


We are all very excited! Even in the ultrasound pictures, 
I think she is beautiful.

28 comments:

karin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you. But I would be just as excited (if not more) if you were having a boy.

Frost Family said...

CONGRATS! We are looking forward to seeing you guys in July! Hopefully your sweet little baby girl will be able to survive with the two boys. On a side note Dan hates snakes, he got bitten by one that had as a pet when he was little and has been scared of them ever since.

Leslee and Kody said...

oh i am SOOOO glad that your going to have a girl!! Now I can give you all this girl stuff I have WAAAYY too much of!!! Love you CONGRATS!!! See you SOON!!

Tristina said...

A girl - so exciting! Congrats!

Heather said...

I'm so happy for you!! Girls are so much fun!!! I bet you are so excited to start buying pink!!!
Where did you move to??

XO

C O N G R A T S..

The Obergs said...

Boy oh Boy is right! I knew all along that it was going to be a girl and you're aren't kidding when you say she's adorable. She's going to be the most beautiful little girl with big brown eyes and cute dimples. We can't wait to see her, but even more importantly we can't wait to see you guys! Shauni, I'm sure we'll see you before we see Colb. Have a safe trip!

Steven and Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you!!! She is going to be well protected by those two sweet big brothers. Anything you need don't hesitate to call or ask.:)

Susan said...

We are so excited for a girl!!! Yeah--we love boys, but we needed a little girl to even us up a little!! So funny that Ammon thought she looked like a rock--ha, ha--we all know she will be adorable with big brown eyes and cute little dimples. Can't wait to see you all

The Teeples Times said...

Oh my! A GIRL! I am so excited and a little jealous! Tad and I were at the mall yesterday, and he saw a cute little dress, and he said to me, "You know, if we ever have a girl, she will be so spoiled. The clothes are so fun!" I can't wait to see pink for you guys. How did the move go? I am relieved I finally heard from you! Congrats! Yes, you will have to try a BUMBO, they're fun. Love ya! Wish we were able to see you this summer.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Aren't the 3D pictures so fun! A little creepy at times but so fun. I am still so excited for you. We'll have to make lot's of bracelets and bows!

Ann said...

2 boys and then a girl! How perfect! Congratulations!!!

Kristen said...

How exciting! I am so glad you finally get a girl-that is awesome!

I am not finding out with baby #3 because I will want a girl so bad. I can't wait to see you when you come and visit!

Kristen said...

How exciting! I am so glad you finally get a girl-that is awesome!

I am not finding out with baby #3 because I will want a girl so bad. I can't wait to see you when you come and visit!

Mike and Kim said...

Congratulations, now you can officially stop at 3 kids! We beat you by having one of each gender with only two kids.


So, name possibilities?

Cindi Amador said...

Congratulations Shauni! You will be great with a little girl. I'm glad to hear that you weren't affected by the floods. Hope you are feeling well. Enjoy your summer!

sjmiller said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you having a baby girl! I've been waiting to find out what you are going to have.

Girls are fun!

YAY!

Unknown said...

You really threw me off with the title there. Uncool, Shauni, very uncool.
But CONGRATULATIONS!! How fun!

Molly said...

Hey, this is cousin Molly! Wow, congratulations! You must be so excited to be having a girl! Glad to hear you are safe!

Tanya said...

Yay! That's so great! You will love having a girl. Congratulations!

Becca said...

You guys got a GIRL!!! Shawni that is sooooo exciting! CONGRATULATIONS

Skye O. said...

YEAH!!!!!! A sweet baby girl. You got want you wanted...hopefully it'll be that simple for us. :) Congrats! We'd love to play once more before we move in two weeks. I'll give you a ring.

rkkorth said...

Shauni-Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I've been stalking your blog for a while now from Lisa's page, and I couldn't NOT leave a comment when I read this. You will love having a little girl....very different from wild, destructive boys! Send me your email address and I will invite you to my blog. It's rkkorth@msn.com Take Care in Iowa!! Kristen

Summer said...

Oh yay! Congrats, Shauni! I bet you're SO excited!!!

Michelle Woj said...

Congrats Shauni! :) Girls rule!! ;)

chunkymonkey said...

Yeah! Baby girls are such fun! And big brothers who love their little sister (almost too much) are such fun, too!

frosty said...

I know this is weird...you don't know me, but I was googleing (sp?) the names in our family and came across your family blog. I have an Ammon Frost too and just had to say Hi!

frosty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jai said...

I decided to post on your blog instead of facebook. Your family is so cute!. Congrats on the girl that will be a new experience. I have to tell you that a couple of months ago I was sitting around with some friends here in Logan and we were talking about high school and I found out that my really good friends husband Frank served his mission with Scottie. Small world huh? Anyways this is such a fun way to see what is going on with "Long lost friends"
Jamie
PS check out our blog:
tjkat.blogspot.com