Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Big Five

On Sunday,  Ammon turned five years old!  I can't believe how fast the past five years have gone.  Am I really old enough to have a five year old?  Ammon is such a sweet boy and we enjoy having him in our family.  We are so grateful for him and the joy that he brings into our home.  Happy Birthday Ammon!

Isn't this the cutest little face?  Ammon at one day old.



Our little buddy five years later.


Ammon with his birthday presents.


Ammon loves Transformers!


Ammon and Carter.


Ammon got to pick his birthday dinner.  We were surprised when he chose to have salmon, rice and rainbow jello. We also had a yummy funfetti birthday cake.

13 comments:

Susan said...

happy birthday Ammon!! You are growing up so fast--five years old--it seems like yesterday that you were our cute little baby Ammon. You are a great grandson and we love you so much!! Can't wait to see you in a few days. Love, grandma Frost

PS Cute, cute pictures--you guys do make cute little buddies.

Skye O. said...

Wow...5-years-old. He looks so cute. I was dying that he picked salmon & rice for dinner. Definitely a guy.

Steven and Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Ammon!! Doesn't time just fly by!! Your little guys are so cute. Enjoy every minute as you know they go quick!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Ammon!
I know what you mean by "am I old enough to have a 5 year old".... Cayden will be 6 in april & I will be 30 in may!! Seriously I feel so old!!!
How awesome that he wanted a healthy dinner!!! Cayden would have said Pizza or chicken nuggets!!! LOL :)

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Happy birthday Ammon! Shauni you look way to young to have a 5 year old! That's a pretty unique dinner choice for a little boy, healthy kid! Enjoy this Iowa heat wave!

karin said...

WOW! Bryan would love if our boys picked that for their birthday dinner. I remember playing with him at Scottie's wedding- time goes so quickly.
It looks like he loves Carter more than Transformers.

Aleese and Scott said...

Looks like Ammon had a fun b-day! He was such a cute little baby I remember that like it was yesterday! I love the picture with the boys hugging they are so cute. Happy birthday Ammon.

Frost Family said...

Happy Birthday Ammon! All i have to say is suddup!! Salmon rice and jello for dinner!? Nasty.

Celeste Adams said...

I can't believe Ammon is 5. Time goes so fast. And yes if I may say, you do look way to young to have a 5 yr old. You "HOT MOM" you! I'll get you a license plate.

Summer said...

Shauni! I was so excited when I stumbled upon your blog! It's great to see how you are doing! Your boys are adorable! Isn't blogging great?! I'll be peeking in from time to time if that's okay!
Love, Summer

Mike and Kim said...

That's a great picture of the hug between Ammon and Carter. We can't believe he is five either. Pretty soon he's going to be driving and getting married.

And one last thing -- salmon? He may be the first five year old in the history of the world to request salmon for his birthday dinner.

sjmiller said...

Happy Birthday, Ammon!!

The Obergs said...

Happy birthday Ammon boy. Actually Shauni, I want you to know that I was planning on calling Ammon to wish him a happy birthday, however we ended up spending the entire day en route to Mike and Kim's house due to a canceled flight. I dropped the ball I'm sorry, but I hope it counts that I was thinking about him on his big day. I agree with everyone else, salmon is a weird choice for a 5 year old...very mature. I probably would have chosen Mac and Cheese...actually I would probably still choose that