Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Working hard and playing harder



Colby has been studying day and night lately. He has had a pretty rough test schedule. I took these pictures to document that he even studies through meals. (And those of you who know how much Colby likes food know that this is a big deal!) In twenty years when Colb is successful, no one can say that he didn't work hard to get there.






The boys have been playing even harder than Colby has been studying. They have so many friends that live close by, we constantly have other kids over. Every day Carter asks me who is coming to play.



We try to take advantage of the nice weather as much as possible and play outside.

7 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I can't wait for this intense testing period to be over! What dedication on Colby's behalf, Ben isn't quite ready to make that kind of sacrifice! Now that we are unpacked and feeling settled we really do need to play. I just never know what days work best for you and your busy schedule!

karin said...

I miss those days. During finals, food was the last thing on Bryan's mind, which made making dinner REALLY EASY for me. I would get together with a friend (her husband was with Bryan at school) and we would have dinner together and save food for our husbands.
Your boys are so cute. My boys like playing with friends too, it makes my day go by faster.

Unknown said...

Who knew it was even possible to play harder than Colby works??

Mike and Kim said...

I'm sorry to see you working so hard, I don't miss test time at all.

On the other hand, things could be worse: you could be not working at all.

The Obergs said...

Colby, I'm so impressed! I do know how much you like food, about as much as I do! But it's all worth it when you get your test scores back and you get like 95%. By the way, thanks for nothing. Mike was the only one who could supply me with the fondue recipe.

Anonymous said...

Hey Colby, I was in Layton the other day and I saw that guy who just walks and walks and walks with his drink at his side and for some strange reason I thought of you. Anyways, I wanted to send you a shout-out wishing you luck out there. Have a good one.

Tanya said...

Ah, the second year of med school. When it was over I was so happy; now I wish we were back in it! Rotations are worse, I'm afraid. But keep it up, it will all be worth it someday!!!