Tuesday, September 18, 2007

On Saturdays

Saturdays used to be a day to relax, hang out and play. Lately, it has been just like any other day- only busier. Between my long runs in the mornings, working at night and Colby studying for most of the time in between, we don't find much time to relax or spend time together. The one thing we do do together is go to Ammon's soccer games. These games have become the highlight of my weekends. They are so fun to watch! I love going to see my little boy play and watch the funny things he does. I love that Colby makes time in his busy schedule to go cheer Ammon on. I even love it when Ammon starts to daydream during the game and runs in circles with airplane arms and when he karate chops the kids on the other team if they score a goal. Soccer has definitely become the "fun" part of our Saturdays.



Carter watches from the sidelines, he can't wait until he's four and he's old enough to play!

Ammon, Carter and Ashlyn have snacks after the big game.


Ammon and Ashlyn are best buddies. Ammon says that Ashlyn is his girlfriend, but he's going to let his buddy Cannon marry her and he'll marry Makayla.


Ammon, Ashlyn and Carter.

4 comments:

karin said...

It is great that Colby can have the time to go support his son. Bryan wants Adam to play baseball when he is 5, I told him "we'll see."
I LOVE how Ammon has his future wife picked out and his girlfriend's husband picked out too- that sounds like his mother.

The Obergs said...

How thoughtful of Ammon to let Cannon marry his girlfriend. I hope Makayla is as good of a catch as Ashlyn seems to be. I don't think I've ever seen this huggy side of Ammon before, it's adorable. It's hilarious that he gives karate chops, I just hope I'm never on the receiving end of them.

P.S. Are you training for a full marathon? How long are your long runs?

shauni said...

Crystal, Makayla is cute- but Colby is pulling for Ashlyn. It is cute to see them together. I am training for the Des Moines marathon, it at the end of October. Right now my long runs are between 15 and 18 miles.

Unknown said...

That is so fun! I wish I could see the karate chops and airplane arms myself. Our family time these days is usually errand running.
And WOW to your running!