Sunday, August 26, 2007

First Soccer Game

Yesterday was Ammon's first soccer game. He had a great time! We discovered that Ammon is very competitive (he got really frustrated whenever the other team scored). Ammon got a little confused about which goal was his team's, but he still managed to score a goal. We were so proud of him and we are excited for the rest of the season.

Ammon and his teammates practicing before the game.


Ammon's team and his coach cheering, "go bugs!" Note: Ammon's coach took suggestions from the kids on what to name their team. Some of the suggestions were: the flowers, the babies, the sharks and the bugs. You can see this is obviously a co-ed 4 year old soccer team!



All dressed up in his soccer uniform! Ammon looks like he is wearing tights, but it's really just long shorts and long socks.

Here is a video clip from the game. Sadly, my camera ran out of batteries before Ammon scored his goal. But this is a great shot of the soccer prodigy on the other team scoring a goal. Sorry about my loud cheering, I'll have to work on being quiet while I'm video taping!

7 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

A goal already? That means he just passed up my scoring record (actually, starting out at 0 was already ahead of me -- I once scored on myself as goalie (at least it was a bicycle kick, though)).

Glad to see we have another Frost soccer prodigy to make up for the lack of ability in their predecessors.

karin said...

I love the long shorts with the shin guards- classic.

I am excited for Adam to be old enough to play soccer.

Unknown said...

I wish they had gone with the Babies. what a funny mascot. I'm trying to laugh silently so the guys in the cubes around me aren't suspicious.

The Obergs said...

I can't say that I'm surprised that Ammon ended up with the Frost competitive gene, I think we all got it in a bad way. But, he looks like he's doing a good job handling the ball, Colby must be practicing with him. I think the should have gone with "the Flowers" it sounds very intimidating...

Frost Family said...

When I saw pic #3 all i could think about is "SUDD-UP"! I had to laugh out loud. Don't worry about him getting confused about which goal to shoot at...It happens more often than you think at that age!

Susan said...

Way to go Ammon--aren't we Frosts great at soccer!! I also love the name--scares me!! (ha,ha) You look so official and all--let grandpa know how you're doing. Wish we could come and see a game.

chunkymonkey said...

Doncha just love bunch ball! I sure do! This is definately my favorite age to watch soccer. It is all very dramatic (except for the kid or two, who I didn't see on your video, sitting in the field picking flowers and looking for bugs) and exciting just when they kick the ball in the right direction. I love it!