Thursday, March 01, 2007

Some days I wish I were the daddy

It's not that I don't like being the Mom, cause most days I love it; but some days I wish I were the daddy. The daddy gets to go to work (if he has a job that is) all day and then come home and play. He comes home and wrestles and tickles the kids and gets them all wound up just in time for me to try to put them to bed. When I discipline the boys, they want daddy. If they go on time out, daddy is going to save them. He is the fun guy. I have to be the mean mommy. Last weekend, Colby came with us to the Science Center. Now, I have taken the boys to the Science center two or three times- but it was never as fun as when daddy got to go with us. Ammon had Colby by the hand leading him all over the place saying, "Dad, come look at this," "Daddy, come over here!" He was sooo excited to show Colby everything. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful that my kids love their dad; but every once in a while I think, "Some days I wish I were the daddy."

Carter, Colby and Ammon check out the snakes at the Science center.

Ammon, Colby and Carter get ready to race their lego cars.

7 comments:

karin said...

I know what you mean. Just today we were running errands and Adam was upset (I can't remember why) and crying for his "DAADDYY." I wonder if he cries like that for me when I'm not around, oh wait, where do I go without them.

Looks like Colby had fun being lead around the Science Center.

The Obergs said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, when they are with me they are always crying for their mommy. Cute pictures, the science center looks fantastic and Colby you are looking a lot less like the imposter and a lot more like your regular self.

Angel said...

Looks like the Frost Family has many adventures! Very cute pics. I know I've said this a million times, but you have such a good-looking family!
Thanks for all your comments on my page, since you're the only one who comments :)
I can't wait for you to visit! We will have to discuss the itinerary soon :) I need to find some things that are strictly Minneapolis (including Mall of America).
Yeah, I like winter, but I do get tired of it after 4 months or so!

Carolee said...

At least both of your boys say "mommy"!! Every time I say Isaac can you say "mama"...I get "dada"!! It's just how it goes. I am sure when you leave the boys are saying "mommy". That is great that you all got to spend a Saturday together!!

karin said...

I don't have your email address but I wanted to respond to your request for the sitemeter. Just go to www.sitemeter.com and it tells you what to do, they email you a report. It is really neat to see who goes on your blog. Good luck and happy spying.

Unknown said...

I wish I were the daddy a lot, but that's mostly because I'm 8 months pregnant!

sjmiller said...

Man do I know that feeling!

Seems like the daddy gets to play, and mommy gets to do the hard stuff.