Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Buzz Birthday Bash

This year for Ammon's birthday, I decided to let him have a friend party. He was so excited to give invitations to his friends. He wanted a Buzz Lightyear theme so we found Buzz invitations, plates and favor bags and we built rocket ships out of toilet paper rolls. When we were going over the guest list , Ammon looked at me and said, "Wow, Mom, that's a lot of friends." The kids were all great and we had a fun time.


Ammon, Cannon, Nathan, Evelyn, Caden and Louie show off their rocket ships. (They are saying, "To infinity and beyond!")z


This year I got a store bought cake (which I didn't think was as cute as the ones I make, but it was definitely easier). Originally, I was going to make a rocket ship cake but I just couldn't complete with this one that Ammon saw at Target.


The kids all gathered around to watch Ammon open presents. My efforts to be organized were futile.

All the party guests pose for a picture. I couldn't get them to all look at the camera at the same time, oh well.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You're brave. I love that you made rocket ships out of toilet paper rolls. Makes me want to try, but no one would enjoy it like your bunch of 4 year olds did.

karin said...

You are BRAVE! For Adam's birthday in a couple of weeks, we are going to Disneyland (like we do all the time and maybe on his actual birthday we will have FAMILY (most of which are ADULTS)over for dinner. Everyone looks like they had a great time and LOVE the toilet paper rocket ships.

Ann said...

Hey! Dean had a Buzz party for his 4th birthday, too! Cute rockets. Do you remember that Stewart Family Reunion when Alexandra taught us all how to make little people out of toilet paper rolls?

The Obergs said...

oh Shauni, I wouldn't expect less from you. It looks like ammon had a "blast" hahah. You really are so creative and such a good little mom. Was Carter invited to the party too, or only friends? I definitely think your cake would have been just as good or better than the store bought cake, I guess ammon just could not envision it.... By the way, I don't know why my pictures are not showing up on my blog, they were there this morning. I think it has to do something with blogger.com becaues I've been to a couple of other pages where the pictures I saw a couple of days ago have now turned into question marks.

sjmiller said...

You are so creative!

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Did you have them all by yourself, or were other parents there as well?

shauni said...

Crystal, Carter was invited to the party but I got lucky and he slept through half of it. Ammon's friends are actually really cute with him- they always include him and of course Carter thinks he is just one of the big boys. Stephanie, two other parents stayed which was a lot of help and Colby came home early from studying to help me (well, later than he was supposed to but earlier than usual!)

Anonymous said...

O.k Shauni I want you to throw my next birthday party! You are so creative with the whole rockets I'm so impressed... you deserve Mother of the year award way to go!!

chunkymonkey said...

Those toilet paper roll rocket ships are so creative! Love it! It looks like a fun birthday.

Carolee said...

Happy Late Birthday to Ammon and Happy Early Birthday to Carter!!! That party looks awesome.....what a great idea with the toilet paper holders. We are glad it went to well. Shauni you are such a great mom!!